1FUR1 Mission News
226 Lives are impacted every month by 1FUR1’s animal assisted service programs
37 Actively working animals bring healing to people in need
42 facilities across 3 states offer free-of-charge animal assisted services
- 1FUR1’s animal assisted activity (AAA) grant to Tree House Humane Society in Chicago delivered 291 visits to seniors across 14 long-term care facilities in Chicago. But that’s not all, 63 cats part of this program have been adopted to loving homes.
- 1FUR1’s animal assisted therapy (AAT) grant to Canine Advocacy Program discovered that over 2,277 victims have been helped go through the judicial system across 19 Michigan county courtroom. To learn more about all #CourtDogsInAction part of this program, be sure like our Facebook Page and check in with us every Thursday for impact and updates.
- The mini ponies part of another AAT grant to Hearts & Hooves in San Diego provided 70 life-changing sessions to two children with Autism
- #1fur1impact can be measured by…(click here for details)
BE SOCIAL & JOIN THE CONVERSATION (click here to start):
- Are you on Instagram? We’ve finally joined (@1fur1), and we have the best ambassador: Dolan the rescue Great Dane, who volunteers at 1 FUR 1 by visiting the elderly. We hope everyone to fall in love with him as much as we have! .
- Be awesome and like us on Facebook – where we share exclusive mission updates and impact stories
- Follow us on Twitter where you can stay on all breaking pet news, worldwide.
- If you are on LinkedIn, follow us to discover volunteer opportunities that Help Animals Heal People
LAUNCHING NEW WAYS TO GIVE (click here to see more):
- We’re been working on expanding our charity and volunteer network while launching a West Coast chapter. If you want to volunteer your skills please (click here to let us know) and/or consider a tax-deductible donation (click here to see why).
At 1FUR1 events everyone is welcome including your 4-legged best friends (no dog, no worries). We want everyone to experience the joy of socializing with their loving pets while meeting others, just like them. If you want to help at events, please click here for volunteer opportunities.
1FUR1 carefully curates substantiated U.S. medical studies on how animals are healing children, students, the elderly and patients with heart disease, cancer, Autism and other disorders. Click here for a timeline from 2000 until now!
Do you know of a deserving nonprofit? If they are struggling and/or needs support to sustain or expand an animal assisted program that helps people in need, we can help. Please click here to contact us. For media information please see 1FUR1 press releases.
Past newsletters have been archived below in order to provide a snapshot of 1FUR1’s evolution month-over-month.