Do you live in Chicago?
Must LOVE animals!
We’re seeking volunteers in the Chicago-land area to become a 1FUR1 cause ambassadors (supporters), charity rainmakers (fundraisers), word composers (writers) and/or market manager (administrators) in Cook county. Click here to fill out a volunteer form today.
Raise awareness about 1 FUR 1’s mission at community events and online via Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. 1 FUR 1 creates 1-5 events each year in south Los Angeles county which are 2-6 hour on a weekend. This one-day commitment is fast-paced, fun and uplifting for any pet lover.
- Greeting and collecting attendee information
- Interacting with pets and their owners while offering inf about ways to get involved with us
- Educate about 1 FUR 1, benefits of our animal assisted services and gather emails, social media likes/follows
- Submit event recap and pictures via email after the event
- Send ‘Thank you’ note/email to event supporters: venue staff, donors and partners
Proactively identifies and secures funding prospects and in-kind donations. By participate at our events, researching and filling-out online grant applications and creating partnerships with small businesses/shops in the community near our event locations.
- At events – sell raffle tickets , giveaway prizes & talk about our grant programs
- Sell/Give Samples of DO•FRO•YO™ & talk about the product benefits
- Online – research and complete grant applications for funding support with large NFPs
- Build, maintain and grow donor partnerships with small business owners (i.e. shops)
- Collect in-kind donations such as; product giveaways and silent auction items.
- Tracks and provide monthly progress reports
Contribute your creative writing skills and capture stories, events and news about animal assisted service in the US. We’re looking for a Chicago based blogger who is passionate about animals and loves to explore the positive impact of the human-animal bond.
- Curate original content for 1 FUR 1 Animal Blog
- Develop unique blog content topics/ideas including: text, photos, video articles and interviews
- Maintain content calendar
- Share and follow blog post on social media
Oversee Chicago-land market activities and volunteers. Work closely with Cause Ambassadors and Charity Rainmakers and serve as a point of contact for new volunteers.
- Obtain monthly status reports from market volunteers
- Maintain connections with community supporters and local business partners
- Manager Pre-During-Post event execution
- Implement new volunteer orientations